- 4 cans (124g) Club Des Millionaires Sardines Skinless Boneless in Water, drained
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 4 egg
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 cups + ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flaky salt, to garnish
- Flake the sardines into a mixing bowl and add the mayo, 1 egg, chives, lemon juice and zest and ½ cup breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Use a fork to mash everything together until well combined.
- Form the mixture into cylindrical patties. Put them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set up your dredging station. Add the flour to a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk the remaining 3 eggs. Finally, add the 2 cups of breadcrumbs to a third shallow bowl.
- Dredge the croquettes in the flour, then the eggs and then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until it reaches 350F. Fry the croquettes in 2 batches, turning frequently. Fry until golden brown and crispy, roughly 8 minutes.
- Set aside on a wire rack to drain if you have one. Otherwise, set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Garnish with flaky salt and serve