- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 yellow potatoes, small dice
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups fish stock
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups green kale, destemmed and roughly torn
- 1 can (106g) Club Des Millionnaires Brisling Sardines in Olive Oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 can (85g) Ocean’s Smoked Oysters, drained
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic, celery and potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and add the flour. Stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the water and seafood stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Add the kale in and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the sardines, smoked oysters and heavy cream and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon and parsley.