- 2 large eggplants, sliced lengthwise into ½ inch strips
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 Club Des Millionaires anchovy fillets
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Siciliana sauce
- 6 cans (80g) Ocean’s Tuna in Olive Oil
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced or grated
- ¼ cup basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Arrange eggplant on 2 lightly oiled baking sheets in a single layer. Make sure they are not overlapping. Drizzle with 3 tbsp olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until golden brown on both sides. Season with salt.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes until fragrant and softened. Add the garlic, anchovy and chili flakes and sauté for another 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add the tuna and Authentica sauce to the large pot. Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta and egg until well combined.
- Assemble the lasagna in a 9x13inch baking dish. Spread ⅓ of the tomato sauce evenly on the bottom. Top with a layer of eggplant. Add ½ of the ricotta mixture and another ⅓ of the sauce. Add another layer of eggplant, the last of the ricotta mixture and the last of the sauce. Top with mozzarella and cracked black pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
- Top with basil and serve.
Showing 0 reviews