Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 thick slices of sourdough
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 slices American cheese or Monterey jack
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 can (124g) Club Des Millionnaires Skinless Boneless Sardines in Water, drained
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a skillet or pan over low heat.
- Spread mayonnaise on each slice of sourdough on one side.
- Take two slices of sourdough and face them mayonnaise side down. Then layer each with the cheese, spinach and sardines. Top both sandwiches with remaining slices of sourdough, mayonnaise side facing up.
- Place in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook the other side for another 4-5 minutes. Using a spatula to press down lightly on the sandwich will help with even browning.
- Remove from the pan and slice on an angle and serve.