- Baguette, cut into two 5-inch portions and toasted
- 1 can (106g) Club Des Millionnaires Sardines in Olive Oil, drained
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- ¼ shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the lettuce, cabbage, shallot, 1 tbsp of mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, dijon and oregano and a pinch of salt in a small bowl and gently massage.
- Toast the baguette.
- Spread the remaining mayonnaise on each piece of baguette.
- Layer the sardines on the bottom and top with the slaw.
- Finish with black pepper.