Sardine Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 16 crimini mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- ⅔ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup cream cheese
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 can (124g) Club Des Millionnaires Skinless Boneless Sardines in Water, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Fresh dill, to garnish
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Destem your mushrooms. Finely chop the stems.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped mushroom stems and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the shallot, garlic and spinach and cook for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add ⅓ cup of panko breadcrumbs and cook for another 5 minutes until toasted.
- Add this mixture to a large mixing bowl, reserving a few tablespoons in a separate bowl. Add the cream cheese, cayenne, Old Bay seasoning and sardines and mix everything together.
- Arrange your mushroom caps on the baking sheet and evenly fill each one with the filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ⅓ cup of panko breadcrumbs and melted butter.
- Bake the mushrooms for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the panko mixture. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the panko is golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh dill and lemon zest.