Crostini with Canned Sardines
When in doubt, make some crostinis! Crostini with canned sardines is a simple recipe to make as a protein-rich starter or snack.
These crostinis also offer freshness to balance out the flavours with basil, mint, and Fresno chiles. Easy to make and enjoy!
- 2 cans (106 g) Club Des Millionnaires Brisling Sardines in Olive Oil
- 1 baguette
- 3 Fresno chiles (sliced and deseeded)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- bunch of basil, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp mint, whole leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice the baguette into ½ inch slices. Brush lightly with olive oil and toast in the oven until golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine sliced chiles with lemon juice, salt, and sugar. Stir until coated.
- When crostini slices have cooled, add half a sardine fillet to each piece of bread and top with chile mixture.
- Garnish with basil and mint, serve!