Lemon Sardine Pasta
Add some zest to your dinner plans! Pair the freshness of lemon with the depth of flavour from sardines for a delicious, protein and vitamin packed meal that’s easy to make.
- 2 cans (106g) Millionnaires Wild Brisling Sardines in Olive Oil
- 454g linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup kale, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup half and half cream
- ½ cup pasta water
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your linguine according to the package instructions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the shallot, garlic and chili flakes to a pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add capers, artichoke hearts and kale and cook for five minutes until the kale is wilted.
- Add the lemon juice and cream to the pan and cook for five minutes or until it’s begun to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sardines.
- Add the linguine to the sauce with the reserved pasta water and toss everything well to combine.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!