Our Morrocan-style Sardines are full of irresistible flavours! Tasty textures, bold colours, and a touch of heat: what’s not to love about this dish?
- 1 cup couscous
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 8 dried apricots, sliced
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 tbsp honey
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 can (106g) Club Des Millionaires Brisling Sardines In Olive Oil
- ½ cup almond slices, toasted
- Mint, to garnish
- Feta, to garnish
- Cook the couscous according to directions on the package. Set aside.
- To prepare carrots, peel and then cut on a diagonal so each slice is ½ inch thick.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over med-low heat, cook onion, garlic, carrots, cumin, ginger, chili flakes and cinnamon until fragrant.
- Add apricots, chickpeas and honey and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat to med-high and add 1/2 cup water, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until carrots can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Add couscous to skillet and stir everything together.
- Add lemon juice and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with sardines and garnish with almonds, mint and feta. Serve with couscous.