Sardine Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower rice is a great way to enjoy your favourite rice dishes without extra carbs! Try this Sardine Cauliflower Rice – you’ll instantly fall in love with the aromatic flavours from ginger, peppers, lime, tamari and more! You can enjoy this recipe on its own – however, it could be also served as a complementary side dish.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup thawed frozen green peas
- 1 head cauliflower, riced
- 1 can (106g) Club Des Millionnaires Brisling Sardines in Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Melt coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add shallot and cook until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 3 minutes.
- Add peppers and sauté until softened, 5 minutes.
- Add sardines, green peas and riced cauliflower and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Add tamari and lime juice. Turn heat to high and cook for 3-5 minutes until everything is heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with almonds and cilantro.