- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and diced
- 2 eggplants, diced
- 3 cans (106g) Club Des Millionnaires Brisling Sardines in Olive Oil, drained and flaked
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rice, for serving
- Melt oil or ghee in a large pot over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic and squash and sauté for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste, curry paste and turmeric and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add in the green beans and eggplant and simmer for another 10 minutes or until squash is tender and easily pierced with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the sardines, lime juice and lime zest.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.