Anchovy Butter Pasta
Once you make this Anchovy Butter Pasta, it will become one of your new favourites. The irresistible sauce paired with long pasta like linguini or spaghetti makes a delicious and filling dinner for any occasion! It’s not overly creamy so the anchovies boast the most flavour in this pasta.
- 340g bucatini, spaghetti or linguine
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 can (50g) Club Des Millionaires Anchovy Fillets
- ½ cup capers
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream (38%)
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente in salted water. Reserve 1 cup of cooking water.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter over med-low heat. Add anchovy filets, capers, garlic, lemon zest and chili flakes and cook until fragrant, 5 minutes.
- Add cream to skillet and slowly whisk in remaining butter. Whisk in reserved pasta water. Reduce for 5 minutes, whisking constantly. Season with salt.
- Add cooked pasta and lemon juice and toss to combine. Slowly add ½ the pecorino romano, continuously tossing.
- Top with remaining cheese and lots of cracked black pepper.