Spicy Mackerel Pasta
- 500g large pasta shells or rigatoni
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Club Des Millionnaires anchovy fillettes
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 large head black kale, or roughly 5 cups, destemmed and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Arrabiata sauce
- 1 can (115g) Gold Seal Mediterranean Mackerel, drained and flaked
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- As pasta is cooking, heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook the shallots for 10 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Add the garlic, anchovy and black pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook for 10 minutes or until wilted. Add the tomato paste, stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the Arrabiata sauce and mackerel, bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes before adding in the pasta and the reserved pasta water. Toss everything to combine and cook for 2 minutes longer or until the sauce is glossy and sticking to the pasta.
- Serve and garnish with the toasted walnuts and crumbled feta.