Mediterranean Sardine Puttanesca
- 500g linguine or spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 4 Club Des Millionnaires anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 can (106g) Club Des Millionnaires Brisling Sardines Mediterranean, flaked
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Puttanesca sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan, shaved
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water. Reserve one cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium low heat. Add garlic, chili flakes and anchovy, capers and sardines and cook for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the Authentica Puttanesca sauce and reserved pasta water and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta directly into the sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve with breadcrumbs, parmesan and fresh herbs.